Thursday, February 28, 2013

Korean Drama Challenge #4 & #5

4. Your favorite male third wheel character.
I still haven't gotten the hang of this choosing thing that's going on with this drama challenge, but I'll try to analyze my favorites. The classic male third wheel would be Kang Shin Woo from "You're Beautiful," whom I desperately fell in love with during my first watch of the drama. Then, there's Yoon Ji Hoo from "Boys Over Flowers." Another one is someone who I wouldn't usually think of, Park Joon Se (played by Bae Soo Bin) from "Shining Inheritance." He really was the perfect guy. There's so many third wheels I can think of. An unusual one is Kang Joon Hee from "Reply 1997," who loves the guy, not the girl, of the main couple. A male third wheel that I so desperately wanted to get with the heroine was Lee Yul from "Goong," played so awesomely by Kim Jung Hoon, along with Hyun Sang Hee from "Lie To Me," played by Sung Joon.

5. Your favorite female third wheel character.
The character that comes to mind is Seo Na Yoon, played by Wang Ji Hye in "Protect the Boss." In the beginning, she's your usual snobby b*tch of a female third wheel, but she ends up befriending Eun Seol (Choi Kang Hee) and her best friend, and she turns out to be a pretty awesome gal. She's pretty hilarious, and I just loved the friendship between the three women, the karaoke scenes and getting drunk on soju. It really was a nice turn from the usual b*tching over the male lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment