Sunday, February 17, 2013

Korean Drama Challenge #2

2. Your favorite male lead character.
I've never really thought about this before. Hmm... The characters that come to mind right now are Yi Gak of "Rooftop Prince," played so hilariously by Park Yoo Chun, Hwang Tae Kyung (Jang Geun Suk) of "You're Beautiful," and Dokko Jin (Cha Seung Won) of "Best Love." Then there's Kim Boong Do from "Queen In Hyun's Man," who has been hailed by drama experts as the most perfect male lead character of 2012. For me, he's pretty boring as a drama character, but I have to admit, he would make the perfect boyfriend. Yoo In Na is one lucky girl. Anyway, like the ones I've listed above, I seem to like the characters that really stand out, that make you laugh, the ones that probably don't exist in the real world. I think, before, I used to like those cold, snobby, chaebol-type male characters that somehow made you swoon, like Kim Joo Won (Hyun Bin) of "Secret Garden," but now, it's those crazy ones that do it for me. Right now, I'll go with Choi Han Kyul (Gong Yoo) of "Coffee Prince" and Seo In Woo (Park Shi Woo) of "Prosecutor Princess," for being such romantics in their love. Although Han Kyul was kind of annoying at first, his "I don't care if you're a guy or an alien" love confession had a deep impression on me. And Seo In Woo, for being such a caring male lead for his leading lady. This really feels contradicting of my said fancy for crazy guys, but oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment