Thursday, November 22, 2012

End of Dal Ja's Spring

I just finished "Dal Ja's Spring" last night, or I think technically, it was very early today. I think I watched about 4 episodes straight? I'm not sure...

Overall, "Dal Ja's Spring" was a delightful surprise. It's one of those dramas that were popular, but haven't really received that much credit from foreign fans. I don't know why I didn't check this out before, it's totally awesome. Almost everything about it was great, from the music to the beautifully-drawn illustrations for every episode. I liked everything about it, except for the last two episodes, where I thought there was some needless dragging out. I'm sensing maybe, the drama was doing so good, they just decided to add two more episodes, and doing that, they had to change the ending. While most people online seem to be satisfied, I just thought that it could've ended with Dal Ja and Tae Bong ending up together, at the end of episode 20 and beginning of 21, Tae Bong could have just proposed to her or said "I love you" to her, and all would be good. They wouldn't necessarily have to get married, but I thought the whole Dal Ja going off to study abroad for 2 years thing was part of trying to extend the drama into 22 episodes. Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied.

If I had to describe the drama, it would be heartwarming, funny, and charming. I'm just a sucker for those rom-coms about 30-something women, like "I Need Romance" and "The Woman Who Wants To Get Married." It really opened my eyes to Chae Rim, who as just lovable as Dal Ja, and Lee Min Ki, who I couldn't help but fall in love with.

No comments:

Post a Comment