Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Update

It's been a long time, and there've been some developments in my drama-watching life, I guess.

"Chungdamdong Alice" premiered this past weekend, and although it's not as good as I hoped, it's getting to be quite interesting. I just watched it because of Moon Geun Young's supposedly epic comeback, while considering some of the holes in the plot. There was the whole question as to how Han Se Kyung, the heroine, got to attain the goal of becoming the wife of a rich Chungdamdong man. The first episode was a little slow, I thought, but episode 2 slowly gave us the story behind this sudden development of a Cinderella dream. I thought it really did a good job of illustrating the discriminating and harsh fashion industry in Korea. Most Korean dramas emphasize the value on hard work and the underdog story, but this one gives us the full reality right from the start. Although it wasn't a premiere that wowed, the story is getting more and more exciting and interesting. I'm looking forward to the next episodes!

I recently checked out the first two episodes of "Bad Guy." I thought that it was pretty good, quite interesting. The premise is something to look at especially, but I thought that some aspects of the story were a little aggravating, like the tragic death of Gun Wook's parents. The whole justification of his cruel plot has some problems, where it doesn't make sense for him to take revenge on the current Hong Tae Sung, who just filled his spot without any say in it, like him. Plus, he doesn't have that great of a life himself, as an illegitimate son to the head of Haeshin Group. You'd think Gun Wook would at least sympathize with him, but no, he doesn't seem to have a heart at all. Aside from these problems, I think there's a good chance that I will pick it up, just to see how everything happens.

I haven't had much luck with sticking to my dramas lately, as you've seen with "Sign." I don't know if it's because I've gotten a lot more critical these days, or I've just become really lazy, but that's the reality right now. I kind of started "King of Dramas" and "I Miss You" a few weeks ago, and am still contemplating on whether I should pick them up again. I've kept up with "Full House 2," but have yet to watch this week's episodes. I yearn for finding a good drama to finish...

I kind of want to check out "Queen In Hyun's Man" whenever I have time, just watch the first episode. I also want to watch "White Christmas" and the newly discovered "Girl K." In total, the three have 29 episodes. Enough to last the whole winter break, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment