Thursday, December 20, 2012

Other Dramas

"Flower Boy Ramen Shop" was the first of the "Oh Boy" series, but I only watched it after "Shut Up." I totally fell in love with Lee Ki Woo here. The love triangle made me squeal, and when it was obvious that Eun Bi was attracted to "Chwa" Chi Soo, I was crying along with the adorable Kang Hyuk. Another drama where the cast is so cute and lovable, and I thought that it was funny how there was the possibility of all four of the flower guys falling for Eun Bi. I thought it was really funny how there were several remarks on indigestion - oh, how embarrassingly direct the Korean people are when it comes to health, especially its very sensitive and private parts. Loved the ramen theme, especially when they showed them actually cooking the delicious ramen. Oh, how I wish a 꽃미남 라면가게 existed in real life. Guess I'll have to settle with Doodles for a while.

I'm not sure when I watched "My Girl." It was probably within this year, some months ago... Anyway, I was delightfully surprised by this drama, which I think I approached kind of hesitantly, mostly because of Lee Da Hae. She has that kind of image that makes you think she's all pretty and no acting skills. However, I was fortunately held wrong, and by the end of the drama, I found her very cute and quite adorable. Playing the role of Candy girl Joo Yoo Rin, she didn't have a lot of range as to emotions, but I thought she played her part well. "My Girl" is probably my second favorite Hong sisters drama, after "You're Beautiful," but I can't really say because I haven't watched all of them. A very quirky and funny plot, pretty good acting, enough drama and emotions as well as cuteness, and a very catchy theme song, a modern twist on Brahms' "Hungarian Dance." This drama will probably remain one of my favorites.

"Dal Ja's Spring" was another welcome surprise, where I wasn't expecting much, but got a whole boatload of goodies. Although the atmosphere is a little bit different, it is reminiscent of "The Woman Who Wants To Marry" and "I Need Romance," in that it's about a 30-something careerwoman dealing with the various aspects of her life. Whereas "Woman" and "Romance" had a more romance-centered theme, "Dal Ja's Spring" is about a vast range of things. The main plot is based on the love between Dal Ja and Tae Bong, but the drama is mainly about Dal Ja's life, where she has to balance work, love, family, and friends in her life as a 33-year-old woman. While I totally loved the romance, I was even more caught up in the heartwarming stories around Dal Ja, of the role that women play in people's lives, of being under-appreciated superwomen in real life. I actually learned some valuable life lessons from watching this drama. LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment