Monday, October 22, 2012

Witch Yoo Hee

So, just yesterday I started watching Witch Yoo Hee. It's strikingly similar to "My Girl," with the whole atmosphere, and the use of a classic as its theme song. I would think that they copied it, but it turns out that it's the same director. Ha. I never knew, but I'm a complete fan of modernized versions of classical songs, like Beethoven's Fifth Symphony in "Witch Yoo Hee" and Brahams' Hungarian Dance in "My Girl." Plus, I totally loved "My Girl." After watching it, I've marked it as one of my favorite romantic comedy dramas. Totally saw Lee Da Hae in a different way after that drama. After some researching on Dramabeans, it turns out that the whole title of the drama is a play on words, like a lot of Korean dramas. While it means "Witch Yoo Hee," it can also mean "Witch Amusement," where "yoo hee" means "amusement." I never knew that! See, watching Korean dramas really does improve your Korean.

No comments:

Post a Comment