Friday, October 19, 2012

Gender in Korean Dramas

So, tomorrow, in Gender Studies, I'm supposed to do a presentation on representations of gender in the media. And, I have no idea what to show. All I know about gender is in Korean dramas. Maybe I could show that?

The first thing that I came up with is the part in Personal Taste where Jin Ho gives Gae In a makeover. It's essentially where the subject of gender is indirectly addressed, as in, what makes a woman, a woman. Now that I've found the episode, I realize that the whole makeover is called "Jin Ho's Making a Woman Project." Also, there's the whole being gay thing in Personal Taste, particularly in episode 1, with the motel and elevator scenes.

Then, there's the whole gender bender thing going on with Korean dramas. I'm not sure what I should show exactly. Maybe a transformation scene, like in You're Beautiful, or the Irene scene in Ma Boy?

And then, I'll probably end with a K-Pop video, like Kevin's female transformation on Star King. I guess that's good, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment